Regulatory and Advisory partners of the 9th Annual World Takaful Conference (WTC 2014)
Hosted by Mega Events at the Dusit Thani Dubai on 14 and 15 April 2015
The Industry Leaders’ Power Debate: Tackling the Tough Issues – Scalability is the Name of the Game: How is the Takaful Industry Faring in Achieving Critical Mass and Scale Vital to the Pursuit of Profitable Growth?
Key Discussion Points:
- Size matters – achieving scalability and re-looking at the viability of industry consolidation and M&A: Are too many operators chasing an insufficient number of risks?
- Overcoming product and distribution challenges in the Takaful industry
- Growth and critical mass: The pursuit of GWC growth has been at the expense of profitability in some markets: How have leading players managed the shift to profitability and what are they doing to counteract competitive pressures, downward pricing trends and margin squeeze?
- Re-energising profitable growth: Gaining market share at the right price and renewing focus on the quality of growth from core products
- Balancing competitive pressures with the need for risk based pricing
- Addressing the challenges faced by some of the smaller struggling players
With an international audience of more than 400 industry leaders, policymakers, academics and the global media assembled at the conference, WTC is the Middle East’s largest and most influential gathering of Takaful industry leaders.