Ideas are the world’s most valuable currency. They’re what separate the good from the great and in business, your intellectual property (IP) can mean the difference between success and failure against your competitors.
Covering copyright, trademark, patent and design, our commercially focused lawyers will help you register your IP to ensure it is legally safeguarded against both competitors and employees.
Usually, these preventative measures are enough but disputes are at times unavoidable. IP is one of the most hotly contested areas of law and to be successful, you need lawyers who fully appreciate the intricacies of the relevant laws in the Middle East.
With years of experience acting for clients in some of the region’s most important IP cases, we can ensure your interests are protected. We’ll always try and keep things out of court and where that isn’t possible, we’ll rigorously defend your IP in local courts, where we have rights of audience, and internationally, where we are experienced in successful multi-jurisdictional litigation.
Our full range of IP services includes:
- Clearance availability searches for trademarks, designs and patents
- Overseeing IP portfolio, preparing and filing applications and processing them to registration
- Maintenance of trademarks and enforcement
- Transferring title for all forms of IP
- Negotiating, drafting and recording licenses and assignments of IP rights including licenses and distribution, franchise and joint venture agreements
- Commercialisation of IP and support to corporate transactions
- IP due diligence, asset audit and management
- Privacy and data protection
- Pharmaceutical and regulatory advice
- Borders control
- Media content protection
- Regulatory and compliance work
- Domain name protection and UDRP
- Consumer Protection
- Competition law
- Labelling and standards compliance