Insolvency & Restructuring in the UAE in association with The Oath.
The UAE has had a run of unprecedented economic expansion over the last few decades and has been roiled by waves of economic uncertainty. This has been further intensified by the worldwide financial crisis of the millennium’s first decade and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
This has led to a high level of distress on both the creditor and debtor. Lenders have borne an unacceptable level of under or non-performing portfolios, while many commercial entities are struggling to survive on a solvent basis. Therefore, remediation of these circumstances is essential for all stakeholders. A successful restructuring may allow the parties to salvage an otherwise dire situation. However, an understanding of the UAE insolvency and restructuring landscape is necessary in order to achieve the best outcome.
The discussion will focus on:
- The UAE Bankruptcy Law and its practical application
- How the legal framework can assist companies in need of restructuring or liquidation
- Bankruptcy: A threat or a remedy?
- Understanding the restructuring process and outcomes, including an overview of recent BSA restructuring matters:
- NMC and its group of companies
- KBBO Group
- International heavy industry group #1 – debt approx. USD800 million
- International heavy industry group #2 – debt approx. USD2 billion
The speakers are our bankruptcy and insolvency lawyers
Wednesday 6 October 2021
8:30am - 10:30am
Jumeriah Emirates Towers Hotel, Level 8, Meeting Suite 2, Dubai
+971 4 423 2877